Sign In Forgot Password

June 2021 Message



 

Chaverim,

We had a remarkably busy May and are gearing up for a full summer of activities that we hope you will come explore with us.

We had our annual meeting and installed our new board, who will begin their new term over the summer. Our Chevruta sessions have been inspirational, with so many of you joining together in small groups for important conversations about this past year and sharing strategies for how to exit from our “caves of isolation”. There are still a few more opportunities to participate in the last few sessions. This past weekend our Tikkun Olam team led a fantastic event with the planting of our new Seed-to-Feed Community Garden. Come check out this new addition to our courtyard. It was great to see so many families come and plant flowers and vegetables and paint rocks. It was my first-time meeting some of our members live and in person, which was wonderful! 

We welcome Camille Carpenter to our newly created Marketing/Communications Specialist position. She will be overseeing our broadcasts, creating and expanding our social media presence, producing our marketing materials and will be integral to our new website project. We are so excited to have her join our team!

HIGH HOLIDAY SURVEY RESULTS
Thank you to all of you who completed our High Holiday Survey. We received 170 responses and are using your comments to inform and shape our High Holiday services and programming offerings. Here are some of our key findings: 

  • 45% of you plan to come in-person to High Holiday services; 41% of you would like to have a combination of Zoom and in-person, and 14% would prefer to participate virtually 
  • 77% of you either had no preference or preferred not to have visible technology in the sanctuary 
  • 40-50% of you are interested in participating in educational study sessions and Tashlich
  • 48% of families are eager to join in an outdoor family service and 51% are highly interested in having in-person youth activities for their children during services 
  • 90% of you will have your families fully vaccinated by High Holidays and the other 10% will be at least partially vaccinated (primarily due to having children not eligible for vaccinations yet)

LOOKING AHEAD
We know that many of you are beginning to travel again, eat in restaurants, send kids to camp, go to sporting events, and resume some of the cadence of your pre-pandemic lives. We invite you to make Or Hadash one of your destinations this summer as we roll out several programs to welcome you in person to re-engage as a community. 

TOT SHABBAT in the COURTYARD
o Bring your children and grandchildren (ages 3-6) Saturday, June 12 at 10:00 am for a fun musical morning 

SUNDAY MEET UPS WITH RABBI LAUREN
o Come join Rabbi Lauren and her dog, Sophie, at Piedmont Park on June 13 at 9:00 am and bring your dogs. 
Everyone is welcome.

o Look for details for additional activities (e.g. hiking) to join Rabbi Lauren throughout the summer 

KABBALAT SHABBAT with the BAND
o Join us Friday night July 2 when we get the band back together for a musical Shabbat 

RABBI LAUREN’S ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY SHABBAT
o Friday, July 9, come celebrate an amazing first year for Rabbi Lauren and bring a picnic dinner to enjoy Shabbat dinner in the courtyard after services. Rabbi Lauren is excited to get to meet more of you in person after a year of being in our Zoom diaspora

RAMAH RETREAT OCTOBER 22-24
o We are thrilled to hold our Congregational Retreat at Camp Ramah this fall—one of the highlights of our community
o Save the date and plan to join in this amazing Shabbaton weekend.

I hope you all have a wonderful summer and include Or Hadash into your summer plans.


B’Shalom,


Gail Duner

Mon, July 26 2021 17 Av 5781